   Re: [xml-dev] Non locator use of URIs

  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Non locator use of URIs
  • From: Alexander Johannesen <alexander.johannesen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:06:39 +1100
  • Cc: XML Developers List <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

On 12/25/05, Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> I'm collecting a list of non-locating, identifying uses of URIs. e.g.
> where are URIs used in practice as identifying strings?

This might fit in the SemWeb construct, but in Topic Maps the concept
of PSI (Published Subject Indicator) [persistant identifiers] are
unresolvable URI's.
(http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/#def-published-subject-indicator)

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert