   RE: [xml-dev] Will The Real SOA Please Sit Down?

I think each has a use although one and two overlap.
They are not equally strong.  It comes down to purposes
and the audience.  One and two lead to conflicts
of application (eg, do web services of necessity rely on
SOA and vice versa, is REST and SOA, etc.), whereas the
third is easy to explain and currently a good pitch
for selling systems because it explains an approach to
problems the majority of buyers have at this time
(sell to their pain).

A recurring problem in our industry, particularly in
the web media, is embracing geekTalk for suitTalk
when the geeks disagree and the suits don't.  The
web is self-obsessed and that exacerbates the problem
as it encourages opportunistic behaviors.

So your spec is most welcome, Joe, as it provides a
single citation instead of a 'see Google' response.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15966/wd-soa-rm-11.pdf

len

From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]

I would say that they are all correct, and all equally useful. The best
situation would be to have a single definition that comprises all of
these, as they each point out valuable and important aspects of SOA.