   Seeking XML DB interface

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Seeking XML DB interface
  • From: "Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko" <simonf@cshl.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:44:38 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to find XML editing software with the following features:
a) selecting values of certain elements based on a database query, and
b) embedding references to other XML documents using IDs of objects from
a database query.

I would like to be able to edit scientific articles that have a fairly
strict format. For a), I need to be able to include references to other
articles at the end, but they should not be freeform text - they should
be selected from a list of available references.

For b), I would like to create "links" - certain XML tags that refer to
IDs of other XML documents. For example, I'd like to query all articles
already in the database and let the user choose an article by title.
Then a link will be created that contains the ID of the selected article.

The way to traverse those links already exists, so that is not an issue.
(I'm talking about DOI URLs.)

Is there an XML editor, an XML database, or some combination of the two
that would let me easily do this?

Thanks,
Simon
--

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf@cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

"Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought."

		         Henri Bergson