   RE: [xml-dev] Semantic Web for the Masses, by the Masses

In general, yes - because SOA as an architectural paradigm does not
require any Web capabilities. Of course, they can be the same in some
cases - e.g. semantic Web Services (the work of the fairly new OASIS
Semantic Execution Environment (SEE) TC).

> Are they separately required (I did not say specified or
> standardized)?

I believe yes, given my comments above.

Joe

Kind Regards,