   Why CCTS?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Why CCTS?
  • From: David Carver <d_a_carver@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 00:13:42 -0500

I'm working on a report on the benefits of moving an XML based standard
to using CCTS?   The standard is currently based on OAGIS 8.0 BODs, and
we are considering moving to OAGIS 9.0.   I know that UBL 1.0 is using
CCTS and that there are several other organizations also starting to
implement CCTS based XML standards.   There are a couple of questions:

1.  Why make the switch to CCTS?
2.  What are the short term and long term benefits.
3.  Are there any down sides to migrating to CCTS?

Any other thoughts or insights would be appreciated as well.   I know
that interoperability is the main driving force, but are there other
benefits that I'm not seeing?

Dave Carver