   Re: [xml-dev] maxoccurs='unbounded' under xsd:all group.

Le mardi 17 janvier 2006 à 06:35 -0800, Roxette Lurge a écrit :
> I have seen this question being asked by few more
> people on the web but there does not seem to be a
> suitable workaround without sacrificing the structure
> of the original xml or using external tools like
> schematron, etc.
>
> for e.g.
> <xs:element name="CUSTOMER">
>   <xs:complexType>
>     <xs:all>
>       <xs:element name="ACCOUNT_NUM"
> type="xs:string"/>
>       <xs:element name="NAME" type="xs:string"/>
>       <xs:element name="ORDERNUMBERS" type="xs:string"
> maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>     </xs:all>
>   </xs:complexType>
> </xs:element>
>
> The above is not valid for w3c, I need to instead
> break it into child elements for "ORDERNUMBERS".
>
> Can anybody suggest a better way.

You've done both the question and the answer in your introduction!

If you don't want to sacrifice the structure of your document, you'll
have to sacrifice the schema language and migrate to something with more
expressive power such as RELAX NG.

Note that if you can afford it, you will probably not regret the
move :-) ...

Eric

--
Did you know it? Python has now a Relax NG (partial) implementation.
                                          http://advogato.org/proj/xvif/