   Re: [xml-dev] [ANN] AquaPath 1.0 - Visualize XPath expressions

On Jan 19, 2006, at 04:50, Todd Ditchendorf wrote:
> I'm proud to announce my free new application, AquaPath, for Mac OS
> X Tiger.
> http://www.ditchnet.org/aquapath/

Thanks, this is neat and simple, visualising XPath is useful but I
often hesitate to launch a massive XML IDE just for that.

Two things:
  - how does one define a namespace prefix for use in the XPath? I
see that you seem to take into account those found in the document,
but I have quite a documents that remap prefixes or use the default
namespace throughout with different namespaces. It would be really
nice if you had a simple preference to store prefix to namespace
mappings (with an option to *not* use those from the document).
Keeping them forever would be even better, I'm happy to always use
the same prefixes in my queries.

  - concerning your quest for XPath 2.0 support, you might wish to
look at BDB XML or MonetDB XQuery to see what to steal. There's also
Pathan. ISTR that Sherlock had some form of XQuery support, but I
don't know in which form and whether it can be reused.

  - distinguishing between "open in a new window" and "open in same
window" would be nice, call me old fashioned but I run every app full
screen and if possible using a single window so having a new one for
each document confuses me completely :)

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist