   Re: [xml-dev] Why CCTS?

Mark, I work as an XML Data Architect for the STAR organization, which
does XML based standards for the automotive retail industry.
Currently we are using OAGIS 8.0 and have done a proof of concept
analysis for moving the standards to OAGIS 9.0.   I understand the
reasoning behind CCTS, my main purpose for asking the questions was to
get others opinions on the benefits for CCTS as that is what our
membership is concerned with.

Tony, Joe, and you have provided me with some good reference material
that I was able to use as part of my works cited for the Report I had to
write for the membership, outlining what CCTS was, why an organization
or company may migrate to it, why OAGIS went to it, and most importantly
who else is using it.   Really about 6 to 12 months ago, there was very
little information that documented besides OAGIS and UBL,  who was
implementing CCTS based specifications.  Now I'm seeing more information
out there, and I suspect to see more over the next year.    Once, the
report has been published to our web site, I'll make sure to post an
announcement to the list.

Again, thanks to everyone that responded, everyone provided me with some
much needed real world information.

Dave