   RE: [xml-dev] Utilizing the Web's Whole Information Space, i.e., Mechani

Web's Whole information Space will be a joke if.........
The Digital Protection of 2006 passes.

Currently on the C-span tube is the Regulation of Digital Media
hearings in the Senate Commerce committee hearing.
Those icons of information capture on behalf of the lobby enforced
content generating or broadcast media seek to get the congress to use
their lawmaking powers to put a flag on all content.
That flag would stop anyone from using any part of that broadcast content.
Unless they pay and pay and pay and pay and pay.
Broadcast over the INTERNET would also be flagged.

In order to take or use in your speech even a small piece of the
information provided in one or more of those broadcast contents or
INTERNET presentations one would first have to pay the toll fee (price of
a ticket to use that little piece of the broadcast) to both the
broadcaster and the content provider.

This means no blogger can even repeat the words that senator whomever
might have said.

This is the largest most overwhelming threat to digital freedom that
the powerful music, entertainment and broadcast industries have yet
devised.

Sen Daniel Inouge ( Hawaii)
Sen Sununu: r- New Hampshire
Gordon Smith r- Oregon
Nelson (D- Nebraska)
Senator Daniel Inouge (Hawaii)-concerned about privacy
Sen Conrad Burns - R. Montana
Direksen Senate Office Building.
Ted Stevens R-Alaska,

Making the law and the FCC gate keeper to the contents of your
mind just as soon as a tangible expression of them exists:
It also makes the Government ticket collector for industry.

Testified today:
Andy Setos, Fox Entertainment Group, President
John Band  Am. Library Assn
Thomas Patton, Philips Electronics N.Am
Lesle harris Center for Democracy Technolgy
Dan Halyborton, Sussuehanna Radio Group ops, Dallas Tx (owns 33 broadcast
stations)
Mitch Bainwol, Recording Industry Assn of Chairman & Ce0(sales down 30%)
  objected to recording a broadcast at home for later viewing.
Gary Shapiro, Consumer Electronics Association.

The premise to question is whether or not new technology actually
generated the need for this "pay for the ticket to see the content
that bears on our freedom".  My opnion is that "Its not technology that
driving this quest of the giants of the entertainment industry to lock up
in a giant worldwide set of warehouses all information of whatever kind."

The locked up information then would only be let it out (licensed or
ticketed to you iff you pay) for specific very narrowly licensed uses
(like you can mention the fact that Gen. whomever shown on the 5 O'Clock
news last night can be mentioned in your discussion tonight at the PTA
meeting.

This applies to satellite services, storage in your own home. In other
words, you will pay to receive it, and must pay to storage it and so on
and on.

Pay big bucks just to blog a fact said on NBC news last night for example?

I do not know the people or the players and may have made many mistakes
trying to capture from TV what I am listening to, so please correct me.
If you see anding that is incorrect.  This is for information because i
think it is a prime example of how small people and humanity in general
is excluded the benefit of technology as it appears in our society by our
law making bodies who are responding to the industry lobbies.

I just want to point out that I could not have done this as timely as I
did because of the Flag should it pass, and more importantly, it would
cost me money just to tell you this.