   RE: [xml-dev] Maybe a newbie question: Awful OO software structure with

There are two architectures you can use that solve this problem, I've used
them both satisfactorily. One is to write a ContentHandler that multicasts
events to recipients who have registered themselves: typically a recipient
registers itself as interested in element X, and when an X arrives you mark
that recipient as active and send it all events until the matching
end-element. The other approach is more of a pipeline: each event is
processed by the first filter in the pipeline, which then (if appropriate)
passes it on to further filters.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/