   RE: [xml-dev] Invitation to metadata dictionary wiki -meaningfuel.org

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Invitation to metadata dictionary wiki -meaningfuel.org
  • From: dev@rorweb.com
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:36:38 -0500

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments. I think for a problem like this one, the
"crowd" will be a far better expert. Again, this crowd is not a random crowd,
it's a self-selected crowd of people with various degrees of knowledge or
expertise in specific fields. And it's not really black and white either, it's
black (top black belt experts) and many shades of grey (everybody else).

I think the key is that each member of that crowd be responsible (i.e. people
contribute only on what they know reasonably well).

In this case what we have is an environment where everyone can very easily
suggest, create, and filter objects they are familiar with. And the close
feedback loop makes it possible to re-iterate through this process many times
and very quickly.

Popular objects (product, event, review, etc) will probably achieve stability
and maturity very quickly (many contributors, many iterations), while unpopular
and rare objects will remain imprecise for longer periods of time (few
contributors, few iterations).

At this point and for those interested, I would like to suggest we continue this
discussion on the Meaningfuel wiki itself, so as to free up the this list:
http://www.meaninfuel.org (click discussion).

Best,

-Dom