   RE: [xml-dev] Did Documents Win? No. Objects Just Couldn't GetTheir Ac

?

> Objects are winning; they just all support the same interface:
>
> interface object
> {
> get()
> post()
> put()
> delete()
> options()
> }

In reality, isn't it:

 interface object
 {
 get()
 doarbitrarystuff()
 }

???

That is, the REST debate has dope-slapped a lot of people who thought we should/would write new interfaces for every GetRandomThing() operation they might conceptualize. That is a VERY Good Thing.  I don't, however, see much evidence that the "REST calculus" of GET/PUT/UPDATE/DELETE resources by transferring representations is actually used to model real applications of any complexity.  Instead, people use GET for what it is obviously good for, and use POST as sortof a DoStuff() for everything else.  In other words, most have learned to GET RESTfully, but just tunnel HTTP as shamelessly as any WS-* advocate for everything else.

I'd be happy to get pushback on this ... I don't really have a dog in this fight.