   Re: [xml-dev] Did Documents Win? No. Objects Just Couldn't GetTheir Ac

Michael Champion wrote:

> Instead, people use GET for what it is obviously good for, and use
> POST as sortof a DoStuff() for everything else.  In other words, most
> have learned to GET RESTfully, but just tunnel HTTP as shamelessly as
> any WS-* advocate for everything else.

I've been playing with XQuery in servlets lately, and in my environment
I've found good reasons to implement doGet() and doPost(), and that's it
for now. I've blogged about a generic doGet() that can call XQueries
installed in a directory accessible to the servlet [1], and I'll blog
soon about a doPost(), then turn it into a white paper or something.

So I'm curious to see if Mike's right here - is there a compelling
reason for me to do more?

Jonathan

[1]  XQuery on the Middle Tier - a REST Approach using XQJ

http://blogs.datadirect.com/jonathan_robie/2006/01/xquery_on_the_m_1.html

--
Read my Blog: http://blogs.datadirect.com/jonathan_robie/
Learn XQuery: http://media.datadirect.com/download/docs/ddxquery/tutorial_query.html