   Re: [xml-dev] xml xsl web architecture

On 2/24/06, Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsberger@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/24/06, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
> >
> > > XSLT is a Turing complete language.  By using it as your template
> > > language you not only force everyone who designs for your site to
> > > learn XSLT
> >
> > I think you're assuming you understand what you mean by a "template
> > language", and you're assuming a particular model of web site development.
> > My understanding of a template language is that you have a small number of
> > people writing templates and a much larger number of people writing content.
> >

> Perhaps so.  However, IIRC, in the original post part of the issue was
> to make sure it was easy to map the "templating language" back to HTML
> (<para> to <p> was the example given). To me that sounds like a
> language aimed at the content side of the shop, otherwise, why is it
> even an issue?
>
> --
> Peter Hunsberger

Is there any good references you can point me to for building an xml
web architecture?
I would need a way to handle business logic and dynamic data, I assume
applying an xsl to an xml tree would work for populating the
templates...but what do you recommend creating the content?

--
Anthony Ettinger
Signature: http://chovy.dyndns.org/hcard.html