   Running XSL through StylusStudio

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Running XSL through StylusStudio
  • From: "Jeff Sese" <jsese@asiatype.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:51:32 +0800

Hi, I’m running an xsl using stylusstudio and I’m having a different output
compared to the one I get running saxon using the command line.

I have an xsl that uses a character-map which simply escapes the ampersand
character.

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
<xsl:character-map name="map">
	<xsl:output-character character="&#x26;" string="&#x26;"/>
</xsl:character-map>
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" use-character-maps="map"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="*">
	<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

And using this xml as source:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
<data>&#x26;test;</data>
</root>

Using saxon in the command line I get:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
<data>&test;</data>
</root>

But using stylusstudio (using saxon as the xslt processor) I get this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
<data>&amp;test;</data>
</root>