   Re: [xml-dev] Running XSL through StylusStudio

  • To: Jeff Sese <jsese@asiatype.com>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Running XSL through StylusStudio
  • From: Tony Lavinio <xml1@lavinio.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:47:41 -0500
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

First, the best place for asking Stylus-related questions is
the free Stylus Studio Developer Network, at
http://www.stylusstudio.com/SSDN

Second, here's what's going on.  In order to support backmapping
and profiling and other debugging tools, we trap the output of Saxon
as a SAXResult.  But if you look in the source for Saxon at
net.sf.saxon.SerializerFactory, you'll see that an instance of
CharacterMapExpander isn't built when a SAXResult is the result.
It's only used for StreamResult.  Without that class as a wrapper,
character maps aren't expanded.

That explains the difference.

But never fear, we'll change that.  Somehow. :)

--
Sincerely,
Tony Lavinio