   RE: [xml-dev] Running XSL through StylusStudio

Check using system-property('xsl:product-version') which version of Saxon is
being used in each case.

You're in a fairly subtle area of the spec here - one which is actually
going to change in detail in the final Rec. The rules say that a character
affected by character maps shouldn't be escaped, and the question is whether
replacing an ampersand by an ampersand "affects" the character. Because this
is an edge case, there may well be differences between Saxon versions.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/