   RE: [xml-dev] XML Performance in a Transacation

It's not exactly what you're looking for, and it's dated, but in case it
helps:

Here is a posting[1] that I made in Dec 2004 that refers to a study that
compared the performance of real-time trading systems using a text-based
wire representation (FIX) and SOAP. The study was done sometime in 2003
(exact date not specified).

Joe

[1] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200412/msg00263.html

Joseph Chiusano