   Re: [xml-dev] Call for fast XML implementations

Robin Berjon wrote:
>  * If you wish to be extra helpful, you can also include the small
> amount of code and configuration required to run the parser within our
> framework, which is built on top of Japex (https://japex.dev.java.net/).
> If you're interested, we'd be delighted to help you get started.

Does this imply that only java parsers will be considered?
I've had a parser project in C++ on my shelf for a while now and am just
turning back to look at it. It's heavily template based, using policies
to turn on and off various types of support that may not be needed (and
would otherwise inhibit performance) at compilation time. This means
that, while it will be compliant (that is the aim), you can deliberately
remove some features to squeeze more speed out if you know your use
cases don't require it (e.g. various levels of validation, certain types
of error handling, string conversions etc).
By using templates I also avoid the overhead of virtual functions, which
may or may not be significant, but I suspect it could be, in view of the
number of them used in a typical transaction.

As it is the implementation is a way off complete yet. What sort of time
scales are we looking at?

Best regards,

[)o
IhIL..