   RE: [xml-dev] Newbie Schema Restriction Question

At 2006-04-21 17:10 -0400, Schneider, John Adam      CAR wrote:
>This helps very much.  Thank you.  I really hate that this is a catch-22.  I
>can't do this because it is in a different namespace from the UBL standard
>namespace, and I can't do it in the same namespace as the UBL standard
>namespace because it violates NDR and customization guidelines.
>
>Any creative ideas?

Personally, I think the combination of the upcoming extension element
in UBL that allows only non-UBL children, combined with two trading
partners agreeing upon an extension vocabulary, combined with the use
of NVDL[1] to validate the presence and validity of the use of the
extension vocabulary within the extension element, will be the
optimum solution.

But it will be only one of the ways the committee might offer to do
extensions.  Documents are still being developed.

There are no extension methodologies documented for UBL 1.0.

But I'm excited about using it for UBL 2.0.  I plan to include a
section on my proposed use of NVDL in an upcoming "Practical Use of
UBL Artefacts" hands-on training class (not yet announced by the
organizers so I can't yet identify when and where).  The syllabus is
on our web site linked on the right under "Training schedule and
course syllabi".

Good luck in your use of UBL!

[1] http://www.nvdl.org

p.s. As Joe mentioned, there is a UBL-Dev mail list, announced long
ago by Jon Bosak on this XML-Dev list:

Please join it and share your ideas and your requirements ... it is a
public venue watched by many UBL committee members for ideas and
input to our work

--
Registration open for XSLT/XSL-FO training: Wash.,DC 2006-06-12/16
Also for XSLT/XSL-FO training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04