   RE: [xml-dev] Newbie Schema Restriction Question

> This helps very much.  Thank you.  I really hate that this is
> a catch-22.  I can't do this because it is in a different
> namespace from the UBL standard namespace, and I can't do it
> in the same namespace as the UBL standard namespace because
> it violates NDR and customization guidelines.
>
> Any creative ideas?

If you want to check that your data conforms to a subset of UBL that you
have defined yourself, I don't think anyone can stop you writing a schema
for that subset - either from scratch, or by restricting an existing schema.
Your data still conforms to the original schema, it's up to you what
additional constraints you want to impose and what technology you use to
impose them.

Or have I misunderstood?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/