   SVG Support in IE7

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: SVG Support in IE7
  • From: "Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:35:29 -0500

http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2006/04/svg_in_ie7.html

OH HECK YES!!

I've got a Vector Markup Language app that I would dearly
love to make SVG.  Possibly most people who do use VML
know that it almost gets a job done but the shipped
implementation is buggy.   VML in IE7 is deadware-walking.
SVG in IE7 would fill a niche that is possibly bigger
than some want to admit.

Yes, I am a 3D junkie by night and I've seen the upsurge
in 3D applications by day.  2D vector is still a niche
that needs to be filled with native browser support in IE7.

len