   Re: [xml-dev] Java NVDL implementation

bryan rasmussen wrote:

> Since the .Net NVDL implementation is a validatingReader what returns
> is XML, however that XML is the original input XML if valid, meaning
> that namespaces are not seperated, I don't find it problematic to
> handle myself but it does decrease the attractiveness of NVDL and I
> think others might find it a real problem.
>
> Thus I'm really interested to hear if your implementation returns
> something other than the original xml.

My understanding of NVDL is that its main purpose is validation and
JNVDL thus implements standard Java API for invoking validation. So when
your document is valid, there is no return. If there are some errors (be
it validation problem on NVDL level, or validation errors against
particular schema referenced from NVDL) you get these errors (as
exceptions, or you can register your own ErrorHandler to handle them on
your own).

Of course, JNVDL internally does sectioning of input XML document and
then dispatches these sections (fragments) for validation against
particular schemas (you can monitor this process by using -d option on
command line interface). So it is possible to create some API which can
be used to read fragments and their schemas (because JNVDL knows this),
but it is not big priority (at least now) for us.

			Jirka

                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
        ** DocBook 15.-17.5.2006 ** XSL-FO 12.-13.6.2006 **
     ** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schémata 13.-15.11.2006 **
   http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature