   RE: [xml-dev] Xml internationalization design

> Given the following XML structure:
>
> <metadata>
>     <title xml:lang="en">eeeeeeee</title>
>     <title xml:lang="pla">xxxxxx</title>
>     <description>yyyyyyy</description>
> </metadata>
>
> Will wrapping the <title/> tags in a <titles/> tag provide
> benefits?

It's always a bit of an arbitrary choice whether to put a wrapper element
around a repeating singleton element. In this case I don't think I would -
because the operation you want to perform on the set of titles is to select
one of them, rather than to aggregate them as a group; and because I don't
want to use a wrapper element in the common case where there's only one
language, as in your "description" element.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/