   RE: [xml-dev] Xml internationalization design

The reason I normally would is that it makes it extensible. For example
adding metadata which applied to all the titles would be difficult to do
with repeated singleton elements.

>around a repeating singleton element. In this case I don't think I would -
>because the operation you want to perform on the set of titles is to select
>one of them, rather than to aggregate them as a group; and because I don't
>want to use a wrapper element in the common case where there's only one
>language, as in your "description" element.

We may sometimes wish to display both of them on one page.

However I agree in that we don't want to use a wrapper in the common case
where there is only one language. So in the absence of some official
internationalization recommendation this is what I'll do!

thanks

Tom