   detect if relax-ng schema has validation that xsd cannot support?

  • To: "XML Dev" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: detect if relax-ng schema has validation that xsd cannot support?
  • From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:25:07 +0200

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any tools out there, preferably open source
but actual products are good as well, that can determine if a Relax-NG
schema validates structures that cannot be validated by XML Schema.

Actually given that Schematron can be written to support things that
can be done via XML Schema I wonder if there is such a tool for
schematron, given that they are very different languages conceptually
and I suppose the relative complexity of analysing without running a
schematron schema I would suppose the answer to this one would be
'no'.

MVH
Bryan Rasmussen