   Re: [xml-dev] NVDL as a dispatching architecture

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 08:37 +0900, MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The NVDL specification (19757-4) allows validation dispatching.

> However, the NVDL specification is silent about such application
> frameworks.  I believe that we need much more experiences with NVDL
> first.  Also, I am not sure that standardisation is the right approach
> for designing such application frameworks.  (E.g.,  SAX, DOM, and even
> STAX may be used for constructing them.)
KISS principles perhaps?
 That way the lower level users can utilise it.
 Please show us how simpler mixes of schemas can be validated.
  As you say, the obvious ones are XHTML + .... SVG/Mathml etc.
 A more pragmatic one (my view) is
  I have a simple relaxNG schema... with an XSD schema embedded.
  I have no choice, I'm given the XSD schema.
   Tell me (show me how easy it is :-)
    to validate this combination - by example.
  If the language I need to learn for this is 'easy'
    + based on XML syntax,
    then I'm likely to smile, and adopt it.
  I think that's how relax NG won over XSD.
  It works, for simple schemas, and can grow to complex schemas -
  See
http://eric.van-der-vlist.com/blog/2277_Validating_microformats.item

> I am hoping that early adaptors of NVDL accumulate board experiences
> and make a hundred flowers blossom.

Well, it is Spring... in the UK anyway!
Why not!

--