   NVDL as a dispatching architecture

Folks,

The NVDL specification (19757-4) allows validation dispatching. I am
quite sure that NVDL can also be used as a dispatching architecture for
application programs.  In other words, NVDL provides application
frameworks such that different validation candidates are dispatched to
different application programs, which collectively handle the entire
document.  Each of the application programs should focus on one
validation candidate (which typically has a single namespace). But each
application program might access the entire document (particularly
ancestor elements) and might further interact with the other application
programs that handle the other validation candidates.

However, the NVDL specification is silent about such application
frameworks.  I believe that we need much more experiences with NVDL
first.  Also, I am not sure that standardization is the right approach
for designing such application frameworks.  (E.g.,  SAX, DOM, and even
STAX may be used for constructing them.)

I am hoping that early adaptors of NVDL accumulate board experiences
and make a hundred flowers blossom.

Regards,

--
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>