   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Major Historical SOA Milestone Today

> The focal point of SOA is when one decomposes a business into requests
> for services by type regardless of implementation.   That is why an
> object oriented architecture is not an SOA.

Well "decomposing a business into requests for services by type regardless
of implementation" sounds exactly like what we wre trying to do when I was
working on IT architectures in the 1980s, and we called it object oriented
then. But perhaps we were just trying to be fashionable.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/