Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Ken North" <email@example.com>,"xml-dev" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] hierarchical XML in a relational DB structure - moving nodes
- From: "Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:55:25 -0500
- Thread-index: AcZ/ekM2Mn+DuMtJRxibs4VChINV3gAAcfpQ
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] hierarchical XML in a relational DB structure - moving nodes
No Ken, he was an American as I recall doing business in the CALS world.
He and I discussed his techniques when he presented them at a conference
I was keynoting in the very early nineties. If someone has access to
archives of TAG, it may be there somewhere.
Thanks for the reminder about the SQL sort order. I ran into that too.
Indexing by mapping hierarchy to integer ids looked intuitively simple
but proved to be anything but. I think the tumbler idea is a bit
better and more amenable to string wrangling.
From: Ken North [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
>> In the SGML days, there was a relational guru whose name I can't
We discussed Hans Schouten's work in this thread. Is he the person?