   RE: [xml-dev] hierarchical XML in a relational DB structure - moving nod

Relational databases are a horrible way of storing recursive data. Apart
from anything else, recursive queries cannot be done using first order
predicate logic (i.e. SQL, without extensions). If you must do it, Joe Celko
seems to have made a career out of telling people how to do it, but it's no
picnic. Better to choose a container that fits the shape of your data.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/