   Re: [xml-dev] 10th anniversary of the annoucement of XML ..need

harvey said:

> The really cool thing about these documents was the use of HyTime.
> It is a shame that HyTime died because the ability to create external
> linking documents was very useful. Organizations that used revision
> control systems really like the ability to create links between documents
> without the need to revise the linked documents.

At the ISO SC34 meeting in Korea, a question came up of whether there was
any scope for repackaging parts of HyTime in some more XML/XPath/XLink
friendly way. Anyone who has ideas or requirements or use cases or running
code in this area is very welcome to let an SC34 WG 1 committee person
know (e.g. Martin Bryan, Alex Brown, Lynn Price, Murata Makoto, me. I
hesitate to suggest the Microsoft and IBM representatives, because they
might be focused on other areas at the moment :-)

I don't see it myself. The poor uptake of XLink suggests there is some
        funny dynamic at play hindering linking in general, independent of
the technical excellence of the solutions.

Cheers
Rick