   Re: [xml-dev] Media type (MIME) of XML in MS Word? in Notepad? when comp

Since the Windows operating system doesn't map mime types in itself
but is more concerned with the extension of something then I think the
question is somewhat not pertinent. In the context of a Windows system
where IIS is installed the mime types traditionally (without
programmer interference) map to particular extensions, so then the
question is what are the default mappings of file extensions to mime
types when served via IIS.

Perhaps this woeful lack of OS mime type support is saved by Windows vista.

As an aside the current mime type system does not seem adequate to
handle various markup formats, because there is no way (as far as I
know, maybe something has been done in the past view years) to define
a cascade of mime types, from least specific type to most specific.

however text/xml is deprecated.

MVH
Bryan Rasmussen