   Standard DTDs/Templates

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Standard DTDs/Templates
  • From: "Parang Saraf" <parang.saraf@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 05:01:43 -0400

Hey,

I am relatively new in the XML field. I am designing a database for a project on the events recorded from oceans.

Someone told me that there is an international agency that has defined some standard DTDs/Templates for XML and one should design the database according to them. My database is storing information obtained from buoys located at the Gulf of Maine and the information is like salanity at different depths, wind speed and direction, pressure at different depths etc.

I did some google searching but was not able to find anything related to this. It would be a great help if you could provide me with a link to the site where they store such information or the name of the agency or something helpful.

Thanks and Regards
Parang Saraf