   Unrestricted order and unrestricted cardinality?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Unrestricted order and unrestricted cardinality?
  • From: Marielou <marielou_h@yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:31:09 +0100 (BST)

Is it possible to have unrestricted order and
unrestricted cardinality? the options <all> <sequence>
and <choice> dont make this easy. I have implemented
my schema using <sequence> to enable me to achieve the
unrestricted cardinality I require but this is not
what I need as each XML I am validating has a
different order. Is there some pattern i can use in my
schema to combine elements to achieve unrestricted
order and unrestricted cardinality? is there some
(probably )complex design which could get round the
limitations? please help! even if the answer is a
known "no this is most definately not possible with
the restrictions on XML schema please confirm!"

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html