   Re: [xml-dev] how to design an HTML file to contain an XML file?

On 6/21/06, Anil Philip <goodnewsforyou@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have an interesting design problem and wondered if the gurus would have
> insight into it.

I am noob

> I need to have an html file that contains an <A> tag. Clicking it will cause
> Java program to run as the href is a JNLP (Java Web start) file. I want the
> Java program to pick up my XML file and parse it.
> 1) Is there any way to combine all the above elements intelligently? (except
> perhaps the JNLP file).

..?
Can you pass parameters with a JNLP somehow?

> 2) How to prevent the SAX parser from choking on the HTML file that contains
> the XML file?

..?
Parse the file manually, pick the stuff you want, and pass this to SAX.

> 3) Where should the XML file reside in the HTML file?

In the <head></head>, because theres also other META data already here. I think.

> The reasoning behind it is: it is easier for a user to email and interact
> with an HTML file rather than an XML file. For example, clicking on a
> hyperlink is easy.

humm..??
you sould store whatever on the server, and sent do users links with
Identificators

ReadReview.jsp?id=3222

its that posible???

clientella.jnlp?id=3222

then the java web start applet can query the data of item 3222 as XML

humm... I have  no idea.