   Re: [xml-dev] Restrictions on existence of attributes?

On Jun 28, 2006, at 11:32, Michael Kay wrote:
>> 2) W3C XML Schema processors differ in their interpretation
>> of the spec on this point and this leads to interoperability issues.
>
> That's an even less convincing argument. If a schema processor doesn't
> conform to the spec, then don't use it.

That is fine when you have a choice and are in a restricted
environment, but it doesn't fly if the schema is meant to be used
more or less in the wild. I'm much less exposed to it today and I
think things are getting better but I know we still see quite a few
schemata that "work for me" (where "me" is usually an XML Spy user)
but are invalid (sometimes ridiculously so) or conversely ones that
are correct but break here or there.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist