   RE: [xml-dev] xsd and org.apache.commons.digester.Digester

That was it.

Thanks George!

-----Original Message-----
From: George Cristian Bina [mailto:george@oxygenxml.com]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 10:25 AM
To: Darren Hall
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] xsd and org.apache.commons.digester.Digester

Hi Darren,

 > <!DOCTYPE uwaf-config PUBLIC
 >
 >         "-//UTRS//DTD Web Application Framework Configuration 1.0//EN"
 >
 >         "http://www.utrs.com/content/xsd/uwaf-config_1_0.xsd";>

XML Schema can be associated with a document using the schema instance
schemaLocation or noNamespaceSchemaLocation attributes. The DOCTYPE
declaration is only for specifying a DTD.

Your document should start like below:

<uwaf-config
   xmlns="http://www.utrs.com/content/xml/xsd/uwaf/v10/config";

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.utrs.com/content/xml/xsd/uwaf/v10/config
http://www.utrs.com/content/xsd/uwaf-config_1_0.xsd";

Of course, you can also specify the schema externally (that is not
inside the document) if the API you use for validation allows you to do
that.

Best regards,
George
George Cristian Bina