   Re: [xml-dev] The Best Technologies Don't Win

> We have XSD because it got the most votes at the time.   It's that
> simple.  The damming thing is, that is what the web does, not best or
> worst, but simply does at all.  Worse is better because that is all it
> is capable of.   Chalk up another win for objectivism.

I think this confuses the most votes of managers and the most votes of
web developers. I doubt most people building web applications care
about or have much use for XSD.

One evidence of this is that the choice of XSD seemed to be achieved
fairly rapidly, as if it were already agreed on by conference goers
before release of the final spec.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen