   Re: [xml-dev] The Best Technologies Don't Win

Le vendredi 07 juillet 2006 à 07:23 -0400, Elliotte Harold a écrit :
> Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>
> > We have XSD because it got the most votes at the time.   It's that
> > simple.
>
> We got XSD because it was the only candidate running. The same people
> who developed it were the people who voted on it, and they only got to
> vote Yes or No. What did you expect to happen in an election like that?

And the people who disagreed were not listened to and had to leave the
group to put their ideas into practice and propose an alternative.

> Now if the competition had not been XSD, yes or no; but XSD or RELAX NG?
> And if the people who voted were not themselves the developers of the
> languages; then the outcome might have been very different. Indeed
> that's exactly what seems to be happening in the marketplace. A strong
> majority of developers who actually consider both options are picking
> RELAX NG. XSD is winning only with developers who don't know they have a
> choice.

Yes, and that's why I think that it is worth doing some noise around
RELAX NG on mailing lists to increase the number of developers who know
they have a choice :) ...

Eric

--
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Did you know it? Python has now a Relax NG (partial) implementation.

Ceci est une partie de message=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e?=