   RE: [xml-dev] Default namespace for attributes?

> But attribute xyz is in the null namespace (i.e. there is no
> namespace binding applicable to it). This is what that looks
> illogical to me.

It's not illogical if you interpret "null namespace" as meaning "I'm not
telling you explicitly what the namespace is: I don't need to, because
attributes are always part of the same vocabulary as their containing
element unless otherwise specified".

But really, if you're looking for logic and good architectural design, don't
try and find it in the namespaces spec. Ever since they decided to do it by
layering on top of core XML syntax it was doomed to be a kludge.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/