   Re: [xml-dev] [SUMMARY #1] Why is there little usage of XML on the'visib

Isn't Javascript a post-1993 counter example?  Introduced in late 1995
by NS, adopted by MS in mid 1996, very rapidly picked up by Web monkeys
for everyday coding.

At the time a technique is actively promoted, if it is found wanting, is
there not a peril that the attention and interest of developers will be
lost, until/unless something happens to re-introduce it?  If your
argument is that we'd still be waiting anyway just because it takes that
long for browsers to catch up, I guess I've already been corrected by
Didier on that point since IE6 has been the majority browser for more
than a few years and it supports XSLT.  My point is - maybe wrong but it
is - that people saw it was not working very well, and said maybe later.
And for Roger's scenario, they've been sending out HTML instead.