   Re: [xml-dev] Streaming Validation for XML: STX goes Schematron

You might consider implementing an ISO Schematron version of this.

ISO Schematron allows you to provide different languages instead of
XPath1. The schema just has  an attribute
  <sch:schema queryLanguage="stx" ...>
and your implementation rejects any schemas that do not use STX. ISO
Schematron already reserves the value "stx" to allow exactly what you
are proposing.

See the topic on Query Language Bindings in the Schematron spec at
www.schematron.com

Cheer
Rick Jelliffe