   Re: [xml-dev] [SUMMARY #1] Why is there little usage of XML on the 'visi

> > SVG is XML?
>
> "SVG is an application of XML and is compatible with the "Extensible
> Markup Language (XML) 1.0" Recommendation"

So what you mean is that SVG is an XML-based standard

> People continue using old GIFs and JPEGs and other formats as Flash by
> several motives.

This is a ridiculous argument in that Flash can also execute code,
most of the tutorials I've seen the past couple years involving Flash
are how to use Flash to consume XML and dynamically display data.

> There is also problems related to presentational features of SVG. Whereas
> font was considered harmfull for the web (the visible one) and eliminated
> from last (X)HTMLs, MathML, XSL-FO, and SVG follow the contrary way. I
> find very interesting next

SVG can use CSS, as can most presentational XML formats. XSL-FO can't,
which is why I had to make a CSS preprocessor for my XSL-FO
applications.

> [http://www.google.com/trends?q=XSL-FO%2C+CSS&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all]

Only one event on this chart of the search history of CSS has to do
with CSS as Cascading Style Sheets. One of the events had to do with a
test that seems to be used in Pakistan, which might affect two of the
top cities(I have no way of knowing, but two top cities are in India),
the last event details a Swiss company which might explain the results
from top city Zurich. The data is uhm, useless, unless we are trying
to figure out how many different uses there are for the acronym CSS in
the world.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen