   RE: [xml-dev] Schema question, now how to use under CLAX ?Command-line-a

> On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 10:02 +0100, Michael Kay wrote:
> > Melvin Chin provided a correct solution: it relies on...
> > ..
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsd:schema version="1.0"
> >    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
> >
> >    <xsd:element name="root">
> >      <xsd:complexType name="rootType">
> >        <xsd:sequence>
> >          <xsd:element ref="product" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
> >        </xsd:sequence>
> >      </xsd:complexType>
> >    </xsd:element>
>
> Ok Michael. Sounds good. What would be the approximate
> command line to run ? Say in either of java or perl.
>
> That would validate the document right..?

The way you invoke schema validation depends on the validator you are using.
For Saxon it is

java com.saxonica.Validate schema.xsd instance.xml

For Xerces, IIRC, there is no obvious command line interface but it can be
done using one of the sample applications.

> ok.. next step after that ?

You use your validated document, confident in the knowledge that it is
valid.

Have I misunderstood your question, perhaps?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/