   RE: [xml-dev] Schema question, now how to use under CLAX?Command-line-ar

Hi Mike,

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 11:08 +0100, Michael Kay wrote:
> The way you invoke schema validation depends on the validator you are using.
> For Saxon it is
>
> java com.saxonica.Validate schema.xsd instance.xml
>
> For Xerces, IIRC, there is no obvious command line interface but it can be
> done using one of the sample applications.
>

> > ok.. next step after that ?
> >
> You use your validated document, confident in the knowledge that it is
> valid.
>
> Have I misunderstood your question, perhaps?

No, that is the perfect answer.

I was actually suspecting that the answer might be like that.

In a commercial implementation there will of course be a tightly-coupled
interface to your CRM or Accounting system. Usually some brand name
conversion tools to do stuff. Maybe a resident XML expert... and all is
sweet..

Beg your pardon for just picking your brains like that with no obvious
explanation. It just answers some random thought that I've been
pondering with.

Overall though, one would think that if CLAX ever gets off the ground, a
commercial user would hope that some sort of functionality like this
would be encapsulated.

Take Care

David