   Re: [xml-dev] "XMLSON" Idea.

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 12:54 +0200, Tei wrote:
> He!.
> ..
> I have a idea that can be fun.
>
> <?xml?>
> <sales vendor='John'>
>    <item id="carrot" price="3" quantity="10"/>
>    <item id="papas" price="5" quantity="3"/>
> </sales>
>
> "Magic goes here".
> Javascript:
>
>  alert( staticClone.sales.carrot._quantity );// will croack 3
>
>  alert( staticClone.sales._vendor );// will croack John

lol :-)

Is that real code or hypothetical?

(why mr-google says doesn't know xmlson?)

Anyway, assuming it's hypothetical, it's actually useless code.

Because most businesses wouldn't get a java programmer to check how many
carrots got sold. The business would go broke if all the checkout chicks
got replaced with java programmers.

BUT....

hypotheticalscript:

 // -- Ding when the price falls below 2.25
 alert( staticClone.sales.carrot._price < 2.25);

Would be much more useful. That is generate an alert when there is
somebody with a carrot price of less than $2.25.

Ok. New Idea? no. Stock exchanges and trading software already
do it. But there are so few open-source implementations of it
with a wider application in mind.

Now question is, would a java programmer get a day or two's work
setting up the trigger code for such a thing? I think so.

All hypothetical of course... but nice to consider..

Regards

David