   Well, time for RDF

  • To: "XML Developers List" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Well, time for RDF
  • From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:34:35 +0200

As an RDF skeptic I am nonetheless deciding to use it for a projec
(decision being purely political in nature)

I am hoping that people can help me with good resources for my
project, these would be:

1. a simplified RDF XML Serialization so that the nodes edges of
graphs can be clearly described. I don't want to allow more than one
way to describe a node on a graph, or more than one way to describe an
edge.

2. The project involves documentation of XML Namespaces down from the
top namespace level down to the element level. The Namespace and the
Elements documentation are mapped to http address, obviously different
than the actual namespace.

Thus the namespace http://www.example.org/one

might map to http://doc.example.org/one for documentation, and the
element oneelement under the namespace might have its documentation
available at http://doc.example.org/one/oneelement.

I suppose that the XHTML page of documentation returned for
http://doc.example.org/one/oneelement will include a GRDDL stylesheet,
the RDF generated from the stylesheet must specify that
http://doc.example.org/one/oneelement is a resource for documenting
the element oneelement under the namespace http://doc.example.org/one,
and metadata pertinent to the namespace (owner etc. )

One thing that one might want to report in the RDF for an element is
relations between elements in an XML specification, for example if XML
Schema is used that Employee is derived from Person, or that the
structure http://doc.example.org/one/oneelement is possibly related to
http://doc.example.org/one/subtree/oneelement.

Has anyone done a project similar to this (not necessarily GRDDL etc.
but description of documentation of XML Namespaces with reference to
original namespace etc.)

This is not RDDL based, it is assumed that the XML Namespaces may in
fact be represented as RDDL, but the RDDL document will return a basic
documentation. More extended documentation services will be referred
to at via link.

Ideas, suggestions of services on top of this would also be appreciated.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen