Re: [xml-dev] XML aggregation question?

2 quick comments:

databases don't have to be a "load" any more than xml is a "load". there
seems to be some sort of assumption that xml is instant and applies no
load to a system, while an rdbms is anything but. not only is that not
true, but xml may well be a significantly larger load than an rdbms for
large problems.

xml might be a hammer, but not all problems are nails. one of the really
great things about xml is that it can be used in so many ways - as the
document, the data store, the glue between stores, to write programs
(using xslt of course). etc. we should be flexible in this matter
choosing best of breed technologies (one of which is definitely xml)
when solving problems.

rick