Re: [xml-dev] workflow definition language - is there a leader

Dear Rob

Check out Enhydra's Open Source Workflow system called Shark [1].

>From their page:

"Enhydra workflow plattform is a WfMC and OMG compliant Java Open Source
workflow solution consisting of a graphical editor for XPDL and a
powerfull and enormously flexible Java XPDL workflow execution engine
for embedded or standalone usage."

And a word about XPDL [2]:

>From wikipedia:

"The XML Process Definition Language (XPDL) is a format standardized by
the WfMC to interchange Business Process definitions between different
workflow products like modeling tools and workflow engines. XPDL defines
a XML schema for specifying the declarative part of workflow. This
language is a low level language and it can be used to model higher
level business language (Sabini)"

Regards

Sacha

[1] http://www.enhydra.org/workflow/index.html check out the server